2. WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Beemed’s Sites (with the exception of www.beemed-learning.com) are operated by Originfood Sàrl, rue du Liseron 7, 1006 Lausanne, Switzerland.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store or use your personal information, or if you would like to update the Personal Data we hold about you, update your marketing preferences, or exercise any of your rights under the data protection legislation (as detailed in section 11 below), you can contact us at any time by writing to us at the address above or by contacting our Data Protection Officer, Thierry Weber:
- via email: info firstname.lastname@example.org;
by telephone: +41 21 311 62 73 during our office hours between 9am - 5pm GMT.
3. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
This section details the Personal Data we may collect about you. We explain why, how and on what lawful bases we process it in later sections.
If you decide to create an account or enquire about one of our products or services, we’ll ask you to provide us with some Personal Data, including:
- basic personal details – such as name and title;
- employment information – such as job title, company name, company address, work email address and office phone number;
- personal contact details – such as email address and phone number;
- log in details – such as username and password; and
- payment details – such as your bank account and payment card information.
Personal Data we obtain from third parties
In some circumstances, we collect Personal Data about you from our partners, from publicly available websites, from current and former customers and contacts (for instance as referees for our research), and third-party customers and suppliers, to help us expand and better understand our audience and enhance the relevance of our content. For example, in some cases we obtain the contact details of potential contributors to our publications from public websites.
4. LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We only process Personal Data where we have a lawful basis for doing so, including the following:
- User consent: this refers to where you have given us explicit permission to process personal information for a given purpose. For example, by using our website and consenting to our cookies you give consent that we may obtain certain Personal Data about you, including your IP address and certain user preferences (see section 12 below for more information).
- For our legitimate business purposes: this covers where we have a legitimate interest, as a business, to process Personal Data. For example, to manage enquiries and requests or to provide you with information about our business.
- For contractual necessity: this covers situations where we must process Personal Data to meet our contractual obligations. For example, if you are an subscriber, we would need to process your delivery address to fulfil your subscription.
- For compliance with a legal obligation: this covers situations where we must process Personal Data in order to comply with the law; we may share your information with third parties such as regulatory authorities, or where we are under a legal obligation to disclose your information (for example where we are required to share information in accordance with legislation, to prevent fraud and other criminal offences, or because of a court order). We may disclose your information in order to enforce our legal rights or to protect the legal rights of us or others.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect Personal Data for the following reasons:
- to provide our service: we require some of your basic Personal Data so our services work as you would expect, for example so that we deliver our email briefings to your correct email address, provide you with access to our digital content, can send you hard copies of our products and notify you of any changes to our services and to enable us to deal with customer services queries. We will use the information you provide to us in order for us to provide you with a good service and to provide you with any information or assistance requested by you; we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or detailed service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. In these circumstances, the legal basis for processing Personal Data is our legitimate interests in delivering a good service, providing you with information and retaining a record of this information;
- to produce our publications: we may use your Personal Data in order for us to produce our own publications. Our legal basis for processing Personal Data here is our legitimate business interest in pursuing our business as an independent publisher;
- to improve and maintain performance: in order to provide you with the best possible user experience, we need to make sure that our products and services work as they should. Using Personal Data helps us understand how our readers use our websites. Our legal basis for processing Personal Data here is our legitimate interest in making improvements to our current products and developing new products;
- to bill our customers: we, along with our authorized payments processors, securely process your payment information to take payments, give refunds and to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. Our legal basis for processing Personal Data here is to fulfil our contractual obligations in accordance with our contracts with our customers and our legitimate business interest in ensuring we are paid for the products and services we provide;
- to monitor compliance with our terms and conditions: we monitor for breaches of our terms and conditions. For example, we reserve the right to monitor use to restrict unauthorized access to our Sites and to detect and prevent invalid or fraudulent traffic. Our legal bases for processing Personal Data here are the performance of our contracts with our customers and pursuing our legitimate business interest in preventing fraud;
- to personalize our products and services: we improve your experience of our products and services by personalising parts of our websites and apps with the information you give us and what we learn about you. Our legal basis for processing Personal Data here is our legitimate interest in providing an effective and personalized service provision to our customers; and
- to communicate product changes and offers: we want you to benefit from our new and existing products and services, including our content, events and newsletters. We will contact you with carefully-curated and relevant offers and promotions, exclusive event invitations and feature announcements. In these circumstances, the legal basis for processing Personal Data is our legitimate interest in providing you with information and retaining a record of this information. Please see section 9 below for more information on marketing. You are able to change your preferences at any time by contacting us via the contact details in section 2 above.
Where we intend to process your Personal Data for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected, we will provide you with information on that other purpose and any relevant further information prior to such processing. Please note that we do not use Personal Data in automated decision-making processes.
6. HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
We have security measures in place to restrict access to Personal Data, to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against damage to, accidental loss or destruction of, your Personal Data.
The security measures applied include storing your Personal Data on secure servers, encrypting transfers of Personal Data to or from our servers, and only granting access to your Personal Data where necessary.
7. HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We only keep your Personal Data for as long as necessary in relation to the purpose for which we are processing that information. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We keep your Personal Data in accordance with our data retention policy. Where your personal information is no longer required, we will ensure it is securely deleted.
8. DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We will only share your Personal Data with third party suppliers with whom we contract in order to pursue our legitimate interest in providing services to you, and to ensure the quality of the services we provide. This includes, but is not limited to, payment processors, email service providers, IT service providers, mailing houses, shipping agents and CRM providers. We will not release, rent or sell your Personal Data to third parties for their own use, other than as part of a sale of the whole or a substantial part of the assets of Beemed. We will take reasonable steps, such as the inclusion of contractual clauses in our contracts with such third parties, to ensure that any third parties who do receive and handle such Personal Data are bound by the same obligations as us and do not use such Personal Data for any other purpose.
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties if we buy or sell any business assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to a prospective buyer or seller of such assets. If our company is bought by another company, the Personal Data we hold about you and our other registered users and customers will be one of the assets transferred when the company is sold.
We may also disclose your Personal Data if we are required by law to do so, for example, to the Police.
You can contact us at any time via the contact details in section 2 above for details of specific disclosures made in respect of your Personal Data.
We would like to send you information about products and services of our and other associated companies which may be of interest to you. If you have opted-in to receive marketing information, you may opt-out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us or any associated companies from contacting you for marketing purposes - if you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please contact us via the contact details in section 2 above or click on the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of any marketing email received from us.
10. OTHER WEBSITES
Our Sites contain links to other websites, including (but not limited to):
Information posted on chat rooms, forums, message boards and/or news groups that we may host on this website become public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Data.
11. YOUR RIGHTS
Under data protection legislation, as an individual you have rights in relation to the Personal Data we process which relates to you. These rights include :
- the right to access the Personal Data that we process about you;
- where our processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, the right to withdraw your consent to such processing at any time;
- the right to object to direct marketing – your preferences, including in relation to direct marketing, can be amended by contacting us via the contact details in section 2 above or visiting our brand preference centers (please see section 9 above for more information on marketing);
- the right to restriction of processing or to object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to request for us to transfer your Personal Data to a third party in a standardized machine-readable format;
- the right to request the deletion of your Personal Data;
- the right to request the rectification of your Personal Data (you can also manage some of this information in the brand preference centers); and/li>
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You can exercise these rights through the preference center or by contacting our Data Protection Officer using the contact details above.
Our Sites are not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not intentionally collect or use any information from children.
12. PERSONAL DATA WE OBTAIN THROUGH COOKIES AND SIMILAR TOOLS
When a server receives a request from a device which stores a cookie from a website, the server is able to use the information stored in the cookie in combination with the information stored on the server to allow the website to respond to you as an individual and to tailor their operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. A cookie cannot collect information from your computer and cannot carry any viral or other damaging files.
We may offer cookies to you and if you do not wish to receive them you should ensure that your web browser is set up to not accept cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, some services or website functionality may not be available. We use the following cookies :
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, and to use online forms.
- Analytical cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Marketing cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences. These cookies also record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website, the advertising displayed on it and communications sent more relevant to your interests.
By continuing to use our Sites, you are accepting our use of these cookies that make advertising and communications more relevant to you and your interests and further help us to improve our Sites.
This website uses the following cookies:
Contains Communicator encrypted identifier for the session
A session cookie contains information that is stored in a temporary memory location and then subsequently deleted after the session is completed or the web browser is closed. This cookie stores information that the user has inputted and tracks the movements of the user within the website.
Managing your cookies
Cookies help you to get the most out of our Sites and, as mentioned above, if you disable cookies, some services or website functionality may not be available. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or viewing articles.
How to enable and disable cookies using your browser:
Most browsers allow you to manage cookie settings. These settings can usually be found in the "Settings", "Options" or " Preferences" menu of your browser. The links below are provided to help you find the settings for some common browsers:
- manage cookie settings in Chrome and Chrome Android and Chrome iOS ;
- manage cookie settings in Safari and Safari iOS ;
- manage cookie settings in Firefox ;
- manage cookie settings in Internet Explorer ; and
- manage cookie settings in Opera .
For all other browsers, please look for a "help" function in your browser or contact the browser provider.
13. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
Last updated: July 2019